Growing in Unity Blog Hop

 Good Morning All, Today it's my pleasure to welcome you all to my blog as part of the Growing in Unity Blog Hop.  I'd like to share with you a page in my art journal I've created using the Past SMAK Kit  - Let Go and Breathe

To create my background I used Komorebi Watercolours, I added random patches of Neon Orange, Metallic Purple, Turquoise and Brilliant Green to my journal page, then left to dry.  I then added some white gesso, followed by more watercolours.

I then stamped the meditating lady and Breathe sentiment in clear ink before applying a dark purple embossing powder.

I then decided to add some texture to my page using the stitches texture stamp and splotches stamp; I also stamped the Let Go sentiment. I used versafine ink in imperial purple and some turquoise archival ink. I then added clear embossing powder to prevent ink smudges, as some of the ink didn't want to dry over the gesso'd areas.

I added a white outline to the sentiments and meditating lady with a Posca Paint Pen to make them stand out from the background.  

Next I added some Enamel Glaze(Neon Orange and Blue) in areas to give a contrast to the matte watercolours.

To finish my page I added some Orange Frantage Fragments alone with some Turquoise Mica Fragments.


Here's a close up, where you can see all the different textures and finishes from the enamal glazes, frantage fragments, gesso, watercolours and embossing powder.


I love all the different textures I have on this page. I had great fun playing with all the different colours too; not my usual go to colour palette, but I think they work really well together.  I do love Unity's SMAK Kits, always full of wonderful stamps that work so well together, making creating so easy.

I've had lots of fun creating this project for the Blog Hop, I can't wait to see what my fellow Growing in Unity Girls have created; Here's the full Hop list so you don't miss any wonderful creations;


Thanks for visiting with me today;
Happy Hopping
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

stamping sue said…
I agree great texture on your page and that girl is perfect.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/
Denise Bryant said…
Beautiful colors and textures! Love the image and the sentiments!
Amy Williams said…
Wow! This is so cool! Definitely love all the different textures you added!
Penny A. said…
What a great page. So many different techniques and colors. It looks great.
Wilma DeG said…
I love the colors and texture of this beautiful mixed media piece!
Linda Vigil said…
Suzi this is really beautiful!
Becca Yahrling said…
I love lots of texture on a layout or card. And I want to start an art journal where I can really play with texture. This is gorgeous!
Wonderful page. Love the layers, colors, design, and texture you created. It's really great!