You Rock Bookmark

 Hello Again,  I have one more project to share with you today.  I've used October's Monthly Makes Kit along with Noel the Gnome, and some of his accessory stamps.  My Hubby Stewart needed a Bookmark, and Noel the Gnome is the perfect size for a Bookmark, so my choice of stamps was quite simple.


Here's how I created the Bookmark;

First of All I Stamped Noel the Gnome with Vintage Sepia Versafine Ink and let him dry.  Whilst he was drying I stamped him again onto masking paper and cut out a mask.  I then applied the mask and stamped the Hexagons and sentiments from the Monthly Makes Kit along with the flowers from Mini Gnome Doodles Stamps


To colour the Bookmark I used a Kaleidacolor Inkpad in Autumnal Colours, I simply swiped the inkpad onto my glass mat and used that as a pallete.


For Noel's hat I used a red dye inkpad.  You can see in the photo I used a very think brush to paint the detailed areas on the Bookmark, like the hexagons and flowers.

I used a Black dye inkpad to colour Noel's beard.  It took me a while to decide on how to colour the hexagons, but eventually I decided to use the same Kaleidacolour Inkpad and paint each hexagon one of the colours from the inkpad.

I edged the bookmark with Vintage Sepia Ink, then layered it onto a piece of card stock.  Finally I added some highlights to the sentiment and Noel.
I had lots of fun painting this Bookmark.  It was very relaxing especially as I didn't have to worry about colours coordinating, as using one variegated inkpad means that all the colours work together.  I'm pleased to say Stewart loved the finished Bookmark, and it's now doing it's job very successfully.

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me today, I hope you've enjoyed seeing my recent projects.
Take care All
Bye for Now
Suzi
xxx


Comments

Sandra H said…
Beautiful book mark