You Are Amazing ATCs

 Good Day All, I'd like to share with you the ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) I created for our first ATC Swap in The Crafty Roo's Facebook Group.  I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to have a play with October's Monthly Make Kit.

Not heard of the Monthly Make Kit?  It's a Exclusive Mystery Kit of Stamps you recieve the first week of each Month.  You can find full details, over on the Monthly Makes Pages over in the Crafty Roo Designs Store.

Here's my ATCs;

Here's how I made them;

First of All, I cut three ATCs out of Smooth Watercolour Card, and then using the Hexagon Texture Stamp and Smokey Grey Versafine Ink, I filled most of the card with the pattern.  

To colour my ATCs I decided to use Vintage Pastel Watercolours from Prima Marketing.



I continued to add layers of colour until I was happy, I then added more stamping using elements from the Kit.  I also edged the cards with Smokey Grey Versafine Ink.

Next I decided to stamp my main sentiment onto vellum, and emboss with a metallic grey embossing powder;


Once the embossing powder had cooled I trimmed the vellum to size.  I then assembled my ATCs; I took some Dark Grey Metallic Card and added my backgrounds to it, before gluing the backgrounds down, I folded the edges of the vellum behind the backgrounds so that there would be no adhesive showing through the vellum.
To finish the ATCs, I added some highlights to some of the hexagons with pastel pencils.

I love how these ATCs turned out, especially the contrast between the backgrounds and the sentiment on vellum.

If you want to see all the other beautiful ATCs created for this swap, then pop over to The Crafty Roo's Facebook Group, where you can find pictures of all the beautiful cards.

Thanks for visiting with me today;

Bye for now

Suzi

xxx

Comments

Sandra H said…
They are brilliant