Crafty Roo Designs - Chirp and Ewe Projects

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you some projects I created using the brand new stamps and poly plates from Crafty Roo Designs.  Did you see Kym on Hochanda on Thursday 12th March? Not a problem if you missed the show as you can still catch it on the Hochanda website, along with Kym's previous couple of shows.  I made a few samples for the show, so I thought I'd share them with you over the next few days.

My projects today feature the Midi - Chirp and Midi - Ewe Stamps;

For my first card I used The Blob Poly Plate, Midi - Fearlessly Authentic, and Chevron stamps; Along with the leaves from the You Are.. stamp set.  Using the Blob Poly Plate and Distress Oxides I created a background for my Bird.  I decided to turn the Chick into a Peacock so combined Leaves from the You Are.. stamp set with the Midi - Chirp stamp.  I coloured my Chick with Alcohol Markers before fussy cutting him and the leaves out and adhering them to my background.  To echo the blue in the Peacock I stamped my sentiment with Blue Versafine Ink.


I had lots of fun creating my next card, I realised one of the Flower Blob Poly Plates could also be used as an Egg. I decided to give my Egg some legs so it looked like the Chick inside was trying to get out, but had only got his legs out.  I used Distress Oxides for this card, as they give a lovely chalky effect which resembles egg shells.  To add texture to my background I used the Bubble Wrap Texture stamp.  To ground my Chick I used a permanent pen to add some lines for shadows of his legs and shell, as well adding an horizon.  I used a Brown Distress Oxide to add my shadows.


For my last card using the Midi - Chirp stamp I decided to turn one bird into two, by using one of my Poly Plates to mirror stamp the Midi - Chirp stamp.  I used the Heart from the Be Kind set (a retired Freebie).  I coloured both birds and the heart with Alcohol Markers.  For my Background I used both Distress Ink and Distress Oxide Ink along with the Bubble Wrap and Loopy Texture Stamps.
I added my background paper to a card blank, followed by some Turquoise and Pink Organza before adding on my pair of Love Birds.

My final card for today is the only card I created using the Midi - Ewe stamp, but I did use it a lot!
The first thing I did was to create a mask of the Ewe, using a scrap of paper and a little repositional adhesive.  I then stamped one Ewe with Black Versafine Ink and all the rest with Grey Versafine Ink.  I coloured this card with Alcohol Markers.  I used the Midi - Being Different sentiment stamp for this card as it goes perfectly with my Rainbow Ewe.


You've now seen all of the samples I created for the March Hochanda show, I hope you've enjoyed reading how I created them. If you've any questions, feel free to leave me a comment with you question and I'll get back to you with a reply.

Do You Love Crafty Roo Designs Stamps and Poly Plates? I hope the answer is Yes.  If it is you want to hop over to Facebook and Join The Crafty Roo's, a fun Facebook Group for fans of Crafty Roo Designs.  You'll find lots of wonderful inspiration, great demos, giveaways and fun friendly chat.  We'd Love to see You there, and we'd love to see your projects using Crafty Roo Designs products.

That's all from me for today
Bye for Now
Suzi
xxx

Comments