Silent Night Christmas Cards with ColourCraftLTD

Good Day All, Can you believe it's only 2 weeks until Christmas! Have you finished making all your Christmas Cards yet?  I haven't, so for today's project I'd like to share with you a set of four Christmas Cards I've created using ExpandIt Paste and DesignIt Paste on Vellum along with some Metallic Acrylic Paints in Blue and Silver.

The first thing I did was grab a couple of Festive stencils from my craft stash along with some Blue Vellum.  Then using a palette knife I applied a layer of ExpandIt Paste through my stencils, whilst that was drying I took another sheet of Blue Vellum and applied a layer of White DesignIt Paste through my stencils.  I also used the DesignIt Paste straight out of the tub to create the impression of a snowy bank using the same palette knife.

I heat set both the ExpandIt and DesignIt Pastes, You get a lovely fluffy texture with the ExpandIt and a rougher bubbly texture with the DesignIt Paste.

I then used my brayer to add a layer of Blue Metallic Acrylic paint over the pastes.


My next step was to add some colour to my card blank, using the same brayer I added the Blue Metallic Acrylic Paint. At the same time I created two A4 background papers using the same technique using Blue and Silver Metallic Acrylic Paint; I'd use some of this to back my sentiments.


I then tore the patterned vellum's I'd created and added a strip to my card, using blue staples to attach it.  I stamped a sentiment onto some of the plain blue vellum, heat embossed it with clear powder, then tore around it and layered it onto a piece of my background paper, before adding to my card.  I used foam pads to give the sentiment some extra dimension.



For my third card I just used one large piece of the patterned vellum, and attached it to a card blank.


For my final card I took a plain card blank and cut a strip out of the front, I then used a piece of my patterned vellum to bridge the gap.  The main piece of vellum on this card was stencilled with the DesighIt paste, onto this piece of vellum I'd layered a section from the vellum stencilled with the ExpandIt paste, You should be able to see this layered effect more clearly in the second picture.



I love all the different textures I managed to get on these cards using the different pastes and the metallic acrylic paint. I love the contrast between the beautiful shimmer of the metallic paint and the textures of the pastes. Not only were these cards great fun to create, but they were pretty quick too.

That's all from me for today, I hope I've inspired you to have a play with our wonderful pastes and paints.  Thanks for visiting with me today.
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

CraftyRoo said…
Love these Suzi!
Sandra H said…
Wow this is so adorable x