Rest in Peace Eddie

Today is one of those day's that you hope will never come, the day you have to say goodbye to a sibling.  Today is my Brother Eddie's Funeral; Eddie was my younger brother, he was 43 years old and died suddenly last month, we are still not sure what happened, and probably won't get any answers until the Inquest in a few months time.

I still can't quite believe he's dead.  Unfortunately we weren't in contact, no drama involved, he just moved away from Aberdeen and made his home in Neath, Wales.  Neath is over 500 miles away from Aberdeen (9 Hour Drive), so too far for me to travel for his Funeral.  My Parents have made the journey down there over the weekend, so they could say a last goodbye.

I'm very sad that I will never have the chance to get to know the Man he had grown up to become; I had hoped that one day we would reconnect, and be able to reminisce about our childhood, and learn about the direction that each other's life had taken; but that will never happen now. So many lost opportunities.

The one comfort that I have is that, he had found a place to call home, where he had people who loved him, and who I'm sure he loved very much too. Today is going to be a difficult day for everyone that loved him. 

Rest in Peace Eddie
Love
Suzi
xxx

Comments