Halloween Slider Cards with ColourCraftLtd

Good Day All, As it's Halloween today I decided to share a couple of Slider Cards I've created using Brusho Crystal Colour Powders from ColourCraft Ltd and some Dies.  Here's what I did;


I used Watercolour Card to create these background sheets.  I sprayed the watercolour card  with water then add Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Gamboge, Orange, Lime Green and Violet. I added the Lime Green and Violet then dried with my heat tool, before adding Gamboge and Orange and some more water.  This helps to stop the colours mixing too much and creating a brown, which I didn't want.  I omitted the Gamboge and Orange from the second sheet.

I then took a Black A6 card blank and added a layer of orange card, and created an Orange A6 card blank from same orange card and added a layer of black card.  These form the bases of my slider cards.



I then cut the Brusho backgrounds I'd created to fit onto my card bases.

Next I added my dies to my background and ran them through the die cutting machine. The web die is from a Tim Holtz Mixed Media die set and the slider die is from an Apple Blossom die set.

The next stage was to add my die cuts to the card base.  I placed the main piece over the card base and carefully inserted the piece of card from the slider cut, this gives the illusion of your slider image floating, as you have a seam free background behind it.  I cut two circles of card and sandwiched them together either side of the background, with a piece of foam pad in between to create my slider element.  Once I was happy that it slide well, I adhered the background piece to the card with more foam pads.

I then created my main slider element.  I cut a rough body shape from a scrap of the other Brusho background  I'd created and place a spooky face die onto and ran it through my die cutting machine.  The face die is from the Tim Holtz Frightening Faces Thinlits set. Before adding it to my card I added a scrap of white paper behind the cut.  I coloured the pupils of the eyes and added some doodling around the whole body and die cut features.

Here's finished card with my spooky monster face on the slider.  I added the word 'Boo' with a paint pen.  Here's a picture of the face once it starts to move;
Here's the second card I created using the same process, with the second Brusho background i'd created and a different face die.


I had so much fun creating these cards, I love how the Brusho papers I created tie all the elements of the card together. Interactive cards are fun to create and play with, and you can get some great dies to make creating them really easy. I'll definitely be creating more in the future.

That's all from me for today
Happy Halloween
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments