Butterfly Journal Page with ColourCraft and Crafty Roo Designs

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you a new page in my Mini Art Journal.  This month the ColourCraft DT teamed up with Crafty Roo Designs so for this project I used the following products from Crafty Roo Designs;


To create my background I used the Large Distressed Square Poly Plate, the Poly Plate works the same as a Gelli Plate and is great fun to play with, and excellent quality.  
I decided to create a Faux Wood texture, so put a layer of acrylic paint on the Plate and left it to dry before adding some clear tape leaving gaps between.  The next step was to brayer on contrasting paint, and then apply the paper to get your print.  It's a great technique and lots of fun.  Here's the background in the Journal;
I cut around my print, glued the print onto the journal page, then added some shadows with a water soluble pencil.


For my focal point I stamped the Butterfly stamps onto Brusho background I'd created previously on Glossy Photo Paper.  I then fussy cut them to add to my Journal page.

I stamped the Makes You Happy sentiment onto my background and then glued on the Butterflies.

That's all from me for today, 
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments