Butterfly Canvas with ColourCraft

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you a Canvas I've created using ColourCraft Brusho PowdersSprinkleIt and Aztec Eco Metallic Paint.

First of all, I took a 6 x 6 canvas and added some Liquitex Modelling Paste through a stencil to create a leaf patterned background.
Next I added some Brusho Powders in Olive Green and Leaf Green;
I also added some SprinkleIt Irridecent Flash Powder.  I added a bit too much of both, so took some off with a wet wipe, and left to dry.

I then added a layer of white gesso;
I left this to dry overnight.  Once dry the background wasn't the colour I wanted so I mixed up some Lime Brusho Powder with some Gloss Gel Medium and water to create a glaze.
Now the background looked more like what I envisaged, so I put it too one side and started on my focal point. The Butterfly;
I used Brusho Powders in Gamboge, Alizarin Crimson and Sunburst Yellow to colour a piece of watercolour paper. I then used Brown Ink to Stamp a Big Butterfly(from IndigoBlu) onto my background.

I then cut the Butterfly out and added a layer of Aztec Eco Metallic Paint in Copper over the image, and onto the back of the cut out too.  I also dry brushed some of the Copper onto the canvas and added some splatters, along with some Orange Glitter Netting.
I stamped the Butterfly in Brown Ink again to darken the image, and added some brown pearls for the body.  I then added it to the Canvas with some strong adhesive.
Here are some close ups to show the sparkle on the background along with the metallic splatters.


That's all from me for today, I hope you enjoy my project.
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments