A Delicious DT Call at Delicious Doodles

Do you love Delicious Doodles Images?  I know I do, so when I saw the post go up saying that they have a DT Call on at the moment, I knew I had to check it out and give it a shot; I missed the last call and have been kicking myself ever since, lol!!

So to apply for the DT, I have to share with you 3 of my favourite projects and tell you a bit about me, and why I want to be on the Delicious Doodles DT.  Sound's easy right!! Erm No!, choosing just 3 favourite projects has proven far more difficult than I thought.

Here's my first selection;
It's a very recent make, my DT Card for the 'All the Things I Love' Challenge over at Sparkle and Glitter with Rick St. Dennis; I love how this card turned out, firstly I love colouring images, and i'm quite partial to a little washi tape too! I think this card is a good example of my style, a hand coloured image, bright colours, funky layout, fairly clean and simple, but with a little bling too!!

Here's selection number 2;
This card features one of the Fairydust Images digital stamps from Whimsy Stamps.  Like the previous card, it's rather bright and very cheerful, and has a little washi tape on it.  I also love the texture the sequin waste gives the background.   This card also features another of my favourite things, fussy cutting, I love to cut my coloured images out and mount on foam pads to give some extra dimension.  I love dimension and texture in my cards.

Here's card number 3;
So I had to share my dark side with you, and I think this is one of my all time favourite darker cards, the image is 'La Rosa Muerta' from Delicious Doodles and was a joy to colour.  I love how I managed to get some wonderful textures and dimension to this card, without distracting from the beautiful image.

So that's my 3 favourites, now a little about me; I'm Suzi McKenzie, 30-something and I live in Aberdeen, Scotland with my adorable hubby Stewart and our 3 cats; Alice, Cleo and Dotty.  I've been colouring since i could hold a crayon, and never want to stop, it's one of my favourite things to do, it relaxes me and makes me very happy at the same time.  Unfortunately I no longer work due to health problems, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety, IBS etc, all very boring things, but they sure do sap ones energy.  So to stay sane I create cards, and blog them, work on a few DTs and get to chat with lots of wonderful crafty people online.  I'm also addicted to puzzle games and Facebook, which really is quite a dangerous combination.

Now the most important question Why do I want to be on the Delicious Doodles DT?   That's the easiest question to answer, I love Teri's drawings, always full of such great character and emotion, and her draughtmanship is truly awesome.  I'd love the opportunity to be on Teri's DT, work with her images, and share my creations with her fans and customers.

That's all from me for now, I hope i've not bored you. If you like Delicious Doodles images too then why don't you enter the DT Call, you could be one of the lucky people to make the team.

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Sandra H said…
Totally stunning cards x
Hi Suzi,

Great cards love the strong colours. Good Luck Pascale
Karen said…
A fabulous selection of cards!
Best of luck.
Karen.xx
Unknown said…
WOW, fab-fab cards, thanks entering our DT call and good luck
hugs
Ildiko