December's Crafty Roo Designs Monthly Makes Kit

 Good Morning, Today I'd like to share with you a couple of projects I've created using December's Monthly Makes Kit from Crafty Roo Designs.  Not heard of the Monthly Makes Kits?  They are a wonderful subscription from Crafty Roo Designs, Every month for £10 you get a box full of exclusive new stamps along with extra goodies.  The value of stamps is always at least £15, but is usually worth more.  They are sent out at the beginning of each month, so make sure you subscribe before the end of the previous month.  You can also get them as a Gift Subscription, perfect for your crafty friends.

This months Kit features a brand new Poly Plate, a Painted Square and it's big, perfect for adding lots of colour to your projects really quickly.  There is also a Beautiful Butterfly Stamp set, which is the focal point of both of my cards today.

As soon as I saw the Butterfly I wanted to try stamping her onto some Rainbow patterned paper.

I used this beautiful paper for both of my cards.
Here's the Butterfly stamped onto part of the paper;

I cut the Butterfly out, and stamped one of the words from the same set onto a scrap of the patterned paper.  I would then layer this onto some black paper.


I used another section of the rainbow paper for my background.  I used some wonderful texture stamps from Crafty Roo Designs to add some interest to the background.  Along with some Black Punchinella/Sequin Waste and a few Black Sequins.  This was then layered onto more Black paper before adding it to a White Card Blank ( 5 x 7 inch)

For my second card I used the Painted Square Poly Plate as well as the Butterfly.  

I used Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Stormy Sky.  I created an Ombre effect on the Poly Plate, and using it four times I covered the whole page with my inks.


I then used the words from the Butterfly Set along with Smokey Grey Versafine Ink to add more interest to my background.

For the background behind my Butterfly I wanted to use the Painted Square Poly Plate, but I wanted the colours paler to add some contrast to the main background.  So before cleaning my Poly Plate when creating the main background, I resprayed it with water and created another print.


As you can see I added words to this background too, but using second generation stamping so it was also pale.  I then added a thin doodle line around the image, before I fussy cut it out for my final card.


To finish this piece off I added some Black Twine for extra texture.

I then layered my background onto some Black Paper and then an A5 Card Blank.


I then added the background for my focal point.


For my focal point I wanted to make the Butterfly 3D, so I stamped it onto a leftover piece of the rainbow paper and some pale blue vellum.   I added clear embossing powder to the vellum butterfly to fix the ink.  I cut these both out and layered them onto some Black Paper.


I also used a scrap of the rainbow paper for the Butterflies body;


When cutting out the Butterflies I left a tab on each layer of the Butterfly so I could glue them together without any glue showing on the Vellum.  For the Butterflies Body I used a couple of Sizzix dies.


Finally I added the Butterfly to the Card.


Here's another view of the card, showing the layers of the Butterfly better.


I had lots of fun creating these cards, and working with this Kit.  I love the Square Painted Poly Plate for adding lots of colour to my paper; and I love the Beautiful Delicate Doodled Butterfly, I love how the words form part of the wings.  The additional words with the Butterfly give you great choices for your Butterflies Body, but also work beautifully in the background.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my projects and how I've created them.  For more inspiration from the Monthly Makes Kit visit the Crafty Roo Designs Blog.

Thanks for visiting with me today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments