Crafty Roo Designs - Keep It Stunningly Simple 2

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you my take on the Keep It Stunningly Simple Challenge #2 from The Crafty Roo's Facebook Group.

Kym has created a wonderful sketch for us to follow;

Here's my take on the sketch;

I used Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Gamboge, Alizarin Crimson and Sea Green to create my background papers.  Once dry I cut my background piece down to just under 5 x 7 inches and stamped the solid cross in Archival Inks - Garden Patina, Sunflower and Vibrant Fuchsia, and then the outline in Onyx Black Versafine Ink. You'll find the Cross Stamps in 'The Greatest Gift of Easter' stamp set.

I chose to use 'The Lord is Greater than the Giants You Face' stamp for my sentiment.  I stamped it in Onyx Black Versafine Ink and left to dry.  Once the Ink was dry I sprinkled on some Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Gamboge, Alizarin Crimson and Sea Green, activated with water and then dabbed off the excess water so I had a subtle colouring to my sentiment.

I used a 5 x 7 inch card blank for this project.  I went around the edges of my background paper with first Vibrant Fuchsia Ink, then the Onyx Black before adhering it to my Card.  To add some texture and contrast I used a piece of Pink Hessian Ribbon from my stash, I trimmed it down a little and frayed the edges.  I went around my sentiment panel with the Onxy Black Ink before adding it to my card to complete it.

I had a great time playing along with this challenge, I don't usually follow sketches, so this made a lovely change. It gave me the opportunity to play with my Brushos and some New Stamps.  I hope you'll come over to 'The Crafty Roo's' to play along we'd love to see your take on the sketch.

That's all from me for today
Stay Safe
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments