Crafty Roo Designs - Hochanda Samples February

Good Day All, Today the wonderful Kym Martin of Crafty Roo Designs is on Hochanda at 11am with her Bulb Collection of Stamps and Poly Plate.  I had the great honour of creating some samples for the show, so I thought I'd share them all here with you, along with a little info on them all.

Any stamps that are not on the Bulb Collection page on the Crafty Roo Designs website, can be found on the As Seen on Hochanda Page.  You can of course purchase from the Hochanda Website.
My first sample is a Little Canvas featuring the Bulb Stamp, along with the Bulb Poly Plate, the Filament stamp, Large and Small Cross Hatching stamps and the Be the Light sentiment.  My background is a mix of Purple, Gamboge, Turquoise and Prussian Blue Brusho Crystal Colour Powders sealed with Clear Gesso.  I added Crackle Accents to my Bulb to give a lovely crackled effect.

For this card I used some Angelina Fibres and Sheet along with tiny heart confetti to create the texure on this card.  I stamped the Bulb onto the Angelina Sheet then fussy cut it out, I used the top of the bulb on this card, and the base on another project.  I used a sheet of paper with Prussian Blue and Turquoise Brusho Crystal Colour Powders for my background base to which i added stamping with the wall, and arrow stamps.  I stamped my sentiment onto a scrap of the same paper.  I layered all my elements onto an A5 card blank and added a few blue staples for contrast.

For this card I used the Wobbly Blocks Poly Plate to created a background paper using some old chalk inkpads that were drying up a little, I sprayed a little water onto the poly plate before inking, and ended up with a lovely distressed finish to the stamping.  I used a large piece of Angelina Fibre paper I'd created for texture, before adding on my Bulb.  I stamped the bulb and sentiment  onto White Card Stock, and Yellow Angelina Fibres before fussy cutting them all out.  I used the leftover bulb base of my previous card for the bottom of the bulb on this card.

Here's a quick tag I created, I'd mopped up some excess Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in Prussian Blue and Turquoise with this tag before adding some yellow watercolour.  I added a scrap of Angelina Fibres paper I'd created and them another bulb.  This Bulb was stamped onto White Card, fussy cut and them coloured with watercolours and a little Bronze Metallic Acrylic Paint from ColourcraftLTD.

For this card I used leftover papers and heart from last months projects.  The heart was created with Brusho Crystal Colours in Scarlet and Gamboge.  I used the Bulb Crack and Cracked but not Broken sentiment from the Bulb Collection to show that they don't just have to be used with the Bulb, they work brilliantly with the Heart Poly Plates too.  I also used the Cracked Texture Stamp on my background paper to tie it all together.

For this tag I decide to use shades of Red and Yellow.  I used more Angelina Fibres, along with a Red Pigment Inkpad, a little Yellow Watercolour and Bronze Metallic Acrylic Paint.  The tag had some Brusho Crystal Colour Powders already on it added using the Bubble Wrap Technique, I sealed it with Clear Gesso before working on it again.

For my final Tag I used the Large and Small Bulb Stamps, that Small Bulb stamp is so cute, and works perfectly in the background to create a repeat design.  My tag had been used to mop up excess Brusho Crystal Colour Powders, once again I sealed it with Clear Gesso before working on it.  I stamped the mini bulb directly onto the tag, and Stamps the Large Bulb and Sentiment onto White Card Stock, before stamping the sentiment I used the Bulb Poly Plate to add the Yellow to the bulb with pigment ink, and once dried added a little Yellow watercolour before stamping the sentiment.  To emhance the bottom of the bulb I added a little Yellow Watercolour and details with a black pen.


The Rest of my samples feature the wonderful Hex Poly Plates, on this card I used both sizes and combined them with the Wobbly Block Poly Plate.  For added texture I used the  Arrow Stamps, mini cross hatching  and mini coffee stain texture stamps.  I used a Red Pigment Inkpad with a little water, and Black Pigment Ink for this lovely two tone card.

For this card I wanted to create a background inspired by traditional honeycomb, so used Yellow, Red and Black Pigment Inks on my large Hex Poly Plate to build up my background.  I also used the Bulb Crack stamp on the Hex Poly Plate aswell as on the Bulb.  I used the same inks to stamp and colour my Bulb, which I then fussy cut.  I used more Angelina Fibres, but this time cut it into strips, so I could still see some of the background through it.  To finish the card I added the Cracked sentiment onto my background.


My final card uses the large Hex Poly Plate in the background with the Yellow, Red and Black Pigment Ink.  I added some Yellow and Black Ink to a leftover piece of Brusho Bubble Wrap Background Paper.  I used Black Pigment Ink on the Wobbly Blocks Poly Plate then Edged with Yellow and Red Ink,  The Bulb was stamped onto White Card Stock, I used the Bulb Poly Plate and Yellow Pigment Ink to colour the Bulb, before adding a little Red Pigment Ink before edging with the Black Pigment Ink.  I layered all my elements, including some Yellow Angelina Fibres onto an A5 card.  To finish my card I stamped the 'You Brighten My World' sentiment onto my Bubble Wrap Background Paper.

As you can see I had lots of fun with this wonderful collections of stamps and poly plates.  I hope you've enjoyed reading about how I created them all, sorry for such a long post, but i do like to share the process with you all.

Thanks for visiting with me today, and don't forget to tune in to Hochanda a 11am for some wonderful demos by Kym.

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Sandra H said…
Wow they are amazing x