Follow Your Dreams Hoop Art with ColourCraftLTD and Crafty Roo Designs

Good Day All, It's my pleasure to share with you my latest creation featuring some lovely ColourCraftLTD products and gorgeous stamps from Crafty Roo Designs.  

After doing a little sewing on my Inspiring Love Canvas I've been bitten by the sewing bug.  So for my project today I've created a piece of Hoop Art using Fabric paints to stamp onto some cotton before adding some details with hand sewing along with a few buttons.


I took a piece of cotton fabric and cut it to slightly larger than my embroidery hoop.  I then used a mix of opaque fabric paints and metallic fabric paints to stamps some patterns in my background ( stamps used, Dripping paint, Cracked Background and Dotties from Crafty Roo Designs).  I then used the Gold Metallic Fabric Paint to stamp Stars using the Star Poly Plate from Crafty Roo Designs.

I then added some embroidery around the stars using thin gold metallic thread.  I also added some wooden flower buttons from my stash.  To finish the project I used some Fuchsia/Magenta Foil to the Hoop and Wooden Buttons using my Mini Iron Tool. I also added some Ribbon to form a hanger for the Hoop which I secured with a Wooden Button.

To secure the fabric to the hoop I used hot glue, making sure to add the glue to the wooden frame rather than the fabric, so that it wouldn't show through on the front.


This is the first piece of Hoop Art I've created, and I'll definitely be creating more.  I really enjoyed the fabric painting too, and combining it with the embroidery gives such a lovely finish, it's something I definitely want to experiement with more.  You can find lots of different Fabric Paints in the ColourCraft Store, including Opaque, Pearl finish, Metallic and Fluorescent; they are all intermixable, so you can have great fun creating your own custom colours, or blending the colours on the fabric.

That's all from me for today. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Don't forget to share your creations in the Create with ColourCraft Facebook Group, we love to see what you create.  
Want to get your hands on the beautiful stamps I used from Crafty Roo Designs, make sure to watch Hochanda from 7am on the 27th November; Kym will be on Good Morning Hochanda, and then has an hours show at 8am sharing lots of love demos featuring her new stamps and poly plates.

Thanks for visiting with me today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Sandra H said…
This is beautiful x