Mix Up That Song Challenge meets The Greetings Farm and Crafty Roo Designs!

Today I'd like to share with you my latest creation for the Mix Up That Song Challenge Group on Facebook. Every Month one of the Design Team chooses a song for the challenge, This month's choice was mine, so I chose one of my favourite songs; 'Where the Wild Roses Grow' By Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds featuring Kylie Minogue.

Here's the Card I created;


I used Anya from the Dress Up(retired) by The Greeting Farm.  I stamped her with Nuvo Hybrid Ink and then coloured her with ProMarkers.  For the background I used the Distressed Rectangle Poly Plate from Crafty Roo Designs.  I couldn't find the Rose stamp I initially wanted to use, so I used some Rose Stickers I had in my crafty stash instead.  I used a PSX Alphabet stamps set to add my sentiment using Kaleidacolor Ink in Fruitcake.  To finish my card I added a few red enamel dots.

I chose this song for this months challenge as I love it, it has a wonderful melody, and i love the contrast of Nick Cave and Kylie Mingoue's voices. I also love the fact it tell a dark tale. A song of lots of truly amazing elements.

The Murder Ballads Album is well worth a listen, with it's mix of traditional and new murder ballads; but it's not for the squeamish.

This is not the first time I've created a card inspired by this song, I create a card using the same Anya image for a Challenge back in 2010. I've included a picture of this card (below) for you to see my different interpretations. I think my style has changed a fair bit over the years, but I still love the original card. I hope you like them both.


That's all from me for today, I hope you'll join us for this challenge over at the Mix Up That Song Facebook Group, we'd love to see your take on this song.

Thanks for visiting with me
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Sandra H said…
Such a pretty card as always your so creative x