Believe in Yourself Mixed Media Card with Rubber Dance Stamps

Good Day All, It's my honour to be Guest Designer for Rubber Dance Stamps for the month of May.  I'm super excited to share with you my first project using the gorgeous Beautiful You Stamp set.

Here's my card;
Here's how I made it;

First of all I created my background paper, using some texture plates, wax resist crayons and Inktense Blocks
Once my background was dry, I selected an area I liked and trimmed it down to fit a 5 x 7 in card front, I trimmed it to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 as I wanted to add a layer of coloured card between this and the card blank.

I then stamped my image using Midnight Blue Stazon Ink;

I then coloured my image with Inktense Pencils;

Next I decided to add some contrast to the background paper, stamping the sentiment a few times, and adding some stripes of ink across the centre of the card.

I then layered my background onto some dark orange card stock and added some cotton thread around the centre for added texture.


I then inked the edges of my image before adding it to  the background with foam pads for dimension.

To finish my project I add it to a 5 x 7 white card blank.


I hope you like my card, and have enjoyed seeing how it was created.  I had great fun colouring this beautiful image and creating a bespoke background to go with her.

That's all from me for today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments