Lovely Llama Card

Today I'd like to share with you a card I've made just for fun.  Sometimes it's just nice to have a play with stamps, ink and stencils; that's what I did with today's card.

The stamp I used is the super cute Drama Llama from Woodware.  I coloured him with Derwent Inktense Pencils and a Faber Caster PITT Pen in Black.

For the background I used the Cube Builder Stencil from Altenew, with Distress Oxide Inks in Twisted Citron, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry,  I didn't manage to align the stencil perfectly, so got left with a few white gaps, I didn't like the gaps so decided to use a Black Pen to outline all the squares.

I used a 5 x 7 inch card blank for my base to which I added a piece of dark cerise cardstock.  I then trimmed the paper I'd created to fit the card, and cut it into two pieces so it would fit the whole length of the card, as the stencil is 6 x 6 inches.  To add texture and cover the space between my pieces of patterned paper I added some orange and cerise hessian ribbon.

I had great fun colouring this Llama, here's a week look at him before I added his bright outfit;

I had great fun using the cube stencil too, next time I'll have to try and get it to line up better. It was definitely a great addition to my stencil collection.

That's all from me for today,
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Comments

Dawn Frost said…
Cute Llama, great papers! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn Guest DT
Suzi what a fun llama card you have made here which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).


foleysfriend said…
I love the background and I love how you "fixed" it with the fine black marker. Having some white show through, I think adds some added dimension. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Apologies for the late comment.

sue n.
BożenA said…
A great design and colouring. You cut out the lama's shape wonderfully. Thank you for joining our challenge in Crafting With An Attitude.
Greetings,
Bożena DT CWAA
NanaConnie said…
Adorable llama, Suzi, and I love the bright colors! Great texture with the burlap strips. We're tickled to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Crafting with an Attitude this month. Thanks and good luck.
NanaConnie DT