Wintery ATCs with ColourCraftLtd

Good Day All, Today I'd like to share with you a set of Artist Trading Cards I've created with a Wintery Theme for the ColourCraftLtd Design Team.  I had great fun creating my backgrounds with Brusho SprinkleIt, Heavy Gloss Gel Medium and Brusho Crystal Colour Powders.

Here's how I created my project;
The first thing I did was mix some Brusho SprinkleIt - Pearl with some Liquitex Heavy Gloss Gel Medium on a piece of Deli Paper. 

I mixed the paste until it was nice and smooth, adding a little water to help the SprinkleIt Powder combine with the Gel Medium.

I then took a Snowflake stencil and secured it to my paper, before adding the paste with a palette knife.

Here's a picture of the paste on the watercolour paper I would use to create my ATC backgrounds.

Once the paste had dried, I sprayed the paper with water and sprinkled on some Brusho Crystal Colour Powders in the following colours; OST Blue, Ultramarine, Violet and Alizarin Crimson.  Once the page was completely dry I added a coat of Liquitex Gloss Medium to seal the whole page, and add a wonderful shine.

When I'd used all the Pearl Paste I'd created I left the Deli Paper to dry.  Once dry I blotted some of the excess colours from my Watercolour paper onto the Deli Paper to add a little colour.  I'll use some bits of this Deli Paper on my ATCs and save the rest for another project.


I then cut 3 ATC sized backgrounds from my larger watercolour background, and added some of the Deli Paper, and some Vellum I'd also added some Pearl Paste to.

I then stamped some images for my ATCs.  I used the stamps that came with Issue 62 of Creative Stamping Magazine. I stamped them onto Watercolour Paper and added colour with Brusho Crystal Colours mixed with water.


To finish my ATCs, I added the stamped images which I'd fussy cut and edged with some Midnight Blue Permanent Ink, along with a Tim Holtz Small Talk Sticker.  I added some highlights and shadows to my ATCs with Black, White and Silver Paint Pens.  Here are my finished ATCs;


 Here's some close ups;


I had a wonderful time creating these ATCs, I do hope you've enjoyed seeing how I created them.  I hope you can see the wonderful texture and shine they possess.

That's all from me for today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments