Oddball Art Stamps Blog Challenge - Life in Technicolour

Today I'd like to share with you some Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)  I've created for the latest challenge over at the Oddball Art Stamps Challenge Blog.

We've changed the rules so now you don't have to play along with the challenge theme, but if you do and win you get an extra prize.


Our theme this month is 'Life in Technicolour', and you can interpret this however you wish, but we'd love you to share with us you an explanation of your interpretation, if it's not obvious.

Here is my ATCs;




For my project I've used Twinkles image #358.  I printed my images out, fussy cut them, then gave them a coat of Blue Irridescent Acrylic Paint, before adding more details to them with Faber Castell PITT Pens. They really do have a lovely blue sparkly sheen to them when the light catches them.

My ATC backgrounds came from a double page spread I did in my Art Journal, where I layered lots of different colours of Acrylic paint, using my fingers, an old credit card and some bottle tops to make all the shapes.

Here are the two pages in full;


Here's how they look in my Art Journal, after a cut a section out to use for the ATC backgrounds.

I've not decided what i'm doing with these pages yet.  I might leave them as they are, as I love all the layers, and don't really want to cover them up.

I've taken some additional photos which I plan on editing and using to create some digital background papers at some point. 

I will be adding my ATCs to the Secret Swap in the Oddball Art stamps Facebook group, so if you join in our swap there is a chance you could end up with one of them.  It's going to be an awesome swap based on the awesome creations already in the Swap Album, you have until the 26th of August to add your ATCs to the Album if you want to join in.

Want to see more projects inspired by our 'Life in Technicolour' theme, then hop over to the Oddball Art Stamps Blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of our design team.  You'll also find instructions on how to join in our challenge and win some awesome Oddball Art Stamps images.

Thanks for visiting with me today, and don't forget to use my discount code in the Oddball Art Stamps Etsy store to get 10% off your purchase; DTSUZI10

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx


Comments

Judy Woodland said…
Oh, I just love all that color and texture, just really, really beautiful. Your little unicorns are so stinkin' cute, they just make me smile!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!
Judy~ JUGS DT, Challenge Host
{Judy's Happy Place}
Darnell said…
Your sweet unicorn ATC is fantastic, Suzi! You really rock color! Your pages are vibrant and awesome!! Thank you for entering the Just Us Girls challenge! Hugs, Darnell
Nancy said…
What an awesome piece of art! Love that colorful background and the texture too! Thanks for being in our gallery at Just Us Girls!
DeBe said…
Love, love, love this!!! Your colours are fabulous and make a wonderfully vibrant project.
Thank you for joining us at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media August Challenge. Good luck! Denyse x (DT)
Lou Sims said…
Fabulous project, full of detail, colour & texture. Many thanks for joining in with Love 2 Create Challenges 'Anything Goes' challenge. Lou (DT L2CC)
Theresa said…
love your background. would make fab background papers. the image is so cute. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa Dt xx
Sheryl said…
The background to this image is stunning. It creates a magical effect which suits that fab unicorn image.
Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx