More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes + Purple

Today I'd like to share with you my latest DT creation for the More Mixed Media Challenge Blog.


Here's my creation,
 I had great fun creating a sign for my craft room door.  I used an MDF blank from Joannasheen.com which already had the layer of newspaper on it, so no need to prime and wait for gesso to dry.

For my background I used my NeoColour Water Soluble Crayons in shades of purple and dark blue. I the stenciled some  Imagination's Crafts Alchemy wax onto my background. I also used the Alchemy Wax to colour my wooden letters.
I then added some Glitter paste through a stencil, before leaving to dry.

Once my background was dry, I add a thick layer of Liquitex Gloss Super Heavy Gel; I love this stuff, works brilliantly as an adhesive aswell as giving a lovely gloss finish. Whilst the Gel was wet, I added my wooden letters and an assortment of flatback gems.  

I left my sign to dry overnight before adding my ribbon hanger. The sign now hangs in pride of place on my Craft Room door.

I wasn't sure I liked my sign when the Gloss Gel was still wet, it really did look a mess. However once dry it looks so much better.

That's all from me for now, don't forget to hop over to the More Mixed Media Challenge blog to check out the awesome creations from our Design Team, and to link up your creations to our challenge.

Thanks for visiting with me today,
Bye for now
Suzi

Comments