A Gift for Mum


Today I'd like to share with you a wee gift I've made for my Mum, using the adorable 'Shhh Mommies Here' by Joanne Schemmp available over at Sweet Pea Stamps.

My Mum loves to read, so I thought this Bookmark Tag would make a lovely wee gift for her. I love this image, you can feel that bond of unconditional love between Mother and Child when you look at it, just makes my heart melt.
I coloured the image with a mix of Letraset Tria and Promarkers, before layering it onto some dark orange card stock.  For my background I used a pale yellow and pale green doilly to bring out the green and yellow in my image, I layered them onto a large die cut tag made from some blue card stock.  I love how layering doilies or any die cut with an open cut pattern can help you create a feeling of depth in your project.

I used some alphabet stickers and a sentiment sticker from Sn@p! Studio by simple stories to add a message to the Bookmark Tag,  I do love alphabet stickers (you might have already figured that one out!).

To finish my project, I raided my ribbon draw and found this lovely piece of ribbon which went perfectly with my colour scheme, I cut into the ends of the ribbon, and then tied a knot in the middle of it. using a piece of contrasting ribbon I tied my rough bow to my tag.

Here's a close up of my image;

This is the first of Joanne Schemmp's images I've used, I know it won't be the last, as she had such a lovely variety of images available as both Rubber stamps and Digital Stamps in the Sweet Pea Stamps Store.

That's all from me for today, thank you for visiting with me.  Don't forget to hop over to the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog to check out the beautiful creations from the rest of the design team.

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments