Guest DT at Sweet Pea Stamps

I was honoured to be selected as this months Guest Designer at Sweet Pea Stamps, I have to admit they are one of my favourite stamp companies, they represent so many wonderful artists, I'm spoilt for choice every time I visit their store.

Today I get to share with you a couple of project I made using the beautiful 'Little Jasmine Mermaid' image by Elaine Cox.

As you can see with this project I embraced lots of bold colours, Little Jasmine is coloured with Letraset Promarkers and a little white pen for highlights.  I found the background paper in my craft stash and thought it perfect for this card, as the pattern reminds me of underwater plants.  I added a couple of heart shaped paper doilies, to soften the look of the background, and help create a dreamy romantic feel.  I'm sure this Little Mermaid is lost in thoughts of her Handsome Prince.
I added some die cut flourishes along with a wonderful mix of paper flowers and assorted gems.

Here is Version 2 of Little Jasmine Mermaid;
As you can see I went with a much more human looking mermaid, with beautiful peachy pink skintones and gorgeous orange/red hair. Once again Little Jasmine Mermaid is coloured with Letraset Promarkers, including some colours from the brand new Spring/Summer 2014 Limited Edition set.

I chose to use a very similar layout for this card, using round doilies in my background, along with some die cut flourishes and chicken wire.  I went for a softer more romantic look with this card, so added some pretty roses and heather, along with some white pearls.

Here you can see close ups of both version of Little Jasmine Mermaid;

I love how completely different one image can look depending on your colour choices.  Do you have a favourite out of the two?  I know I don't, I love how they both turned out. It was great fun colouring this image, and I can't wait to colour more beautiful images from Sweet Pea Stamps, luckily I have quite a collection, the only hard decision I have is which image to colour first.

Want to add this beautiful image to your collection, then why not hop over to Sweet Pea Stamps and grab her, she's only $3, which i think is a brilliant price for such a beautiful image. Want to see more projects created with Sweet Pea Stamps images, then you need to visit their blog to see the gorgeous creations by their very talented Design Team.

That's all from me for today,
Thanks for visiting with me and Happy Crafting
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx


Comments

Sharon said…
Stunning Suzi!!! Love both "versions" but love the blue toned fairy best! Congrats on your guest dt spot!