Smeared inks Design team throwdown # 6 Dance Macabre

So excited to finally show you my project for the new Design Team Throwdown challenge organized by Smeared Ink, check out all details here.

Team Airless Chambers won the last challenge, and I'm very excited to be joining the Team for this new challenge.

Because the winners have to choose the next challenge theme we came up with "Dance macabre", such a fun theme, I can't wait to see what everyone has created, I know I had a wonderful time creating my project.

For my project I created a mobile of macabre ballet dancers and the Grim Reaper himself.





Rick drew these awesome Grotesque Dancer Art Dolls for my project.

You can get you hands on them for a limited time at a special price, you'll find them here.

To create my dolls, I flipped all the images, and printed them out facing both directions, so that they would glue together perfectly for my project.  I coloured the images with my Graph'It Markers, before fussy cutting them all out.

I glued the arm and leg pieces together, and pierced holes for some mini brads.  I attached the arms and legs to one of the body pieces with brads, them sandwiched some metallic thread between the body pieces so i could hang them from my mobile frame.

I made tutus for my dancers from ribbon and strips of netting.  The mobile frame is a large embroidery hoop.  I tied the thread to the inner hoop, then added some glue before sandwiching the hoops together.  I then covered the hoops with some ribbon.  To finish it off i used some more ribbon to create my central hanging point.

Unfortunately the light isn't great here today, so my pictures are a little dark.  I'll try and take some more pictures tomorrow, so you can see the wonderful details on these wicked dolls.

Now I recommend you hop over to the Airless Chambers blog to see the truly awesome creations Miranda and Monique have created for this challenge.  Then visit Smeared Ink's Forum to see what the other teams have created.

Thanks for visiting with me
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

love it Suzi. Great idea with the hoop ;) xxx
how fun. Love your creation. Beautiful coloring.
hugs
susan s
Miranda said…
o wow this is totally fantastic, love the dolls
Monique's art said…
This is so very awesome. Brilliant idea!!
Loooove it
DonnaMundinger said…
OMG, I LOVE this! Going right over to buy the set. Fabulous work, Suzi! love your coloring and the addition of the Reaper is perfect. xxD
Unknown said…
Suzi, what a colorfully creepy mobile! I, too, love that you added in the reaper and all the little net costume embellies are perfect texture! I adore the colors you've used on your dancers as well.
Creepy Glowbugg said…
Very clever idea of a mobile. Perfect for this theme. Loving that pop of pink! Good luck in the throwdown!
~Lady B~ said…
Brilliant idea! I'll bet your mobile looks fabulous in person! I like how you can pose the gals any which way you want and mix and match the body pieces. I love the ribbon and tulle around the waists of the dancers! Fab idea having the gals dance around the grim reaper himself! Great work!