Delicious Doodles Anything but a Card Challenge

It's time for a new challenge over at Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog, and you'll either love our theme or hate it!!!   It's 'Anything But A Card', a wonderful theme if you love creating projects other than cards, but a little scary if your a novice crafter.  Just remember to have fun, I know I did!
Here's my project; It's an Altered Notebook, and was so easy to do I can't really believe it myself.  I used the beautiful 'Fairy Fae' image as my main focus for the cover, printing the image quite large and colouring with a mix of Letraset Tria and Promarkers, with the addition of some Sakura White Souffle for highlights. I then layered my image onto some turquoise and lavender card stock.

I used the same turquoise card stock to cover my notebook. I took to pieces of A4 cardstock, in portrait orientation I overlapped them by about 2 inches to create a larger sheet of card large enough to cover my notebook, and give a border to fold over for the edges.  I adhered the two papers together with my ATG and then position the notebook, so that the spin was over the double layer of card, and I had a generous border all round the book. I adhered first the back cover, and then the front cover, making sure to leave the spine area with enough room for movement.  I then carefully folded the edges of the cardstock to give a nice snug fit.  Before adhering the edges, I cut off the corners and cut into the card so the the covers with fit without any bulges.  I then stuck all the folded edges down.  At the top and bottom of the spine I left a tiny little flap of card stock which I folded into the spine, creating a nice finished edge.

Finally I added my coloured image to the front of the notebook.
I can't believe how good the finished book looks, amazing what you can do with some pretty papers and a beautiful image.

I hope your inspired to join in our challenge, make sure you hop over to the Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog to see the awesome creations from the rest of the DT, and to get full details on how to enter the challenge.

Thanks for visiting with me today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Teri said…
It's lovely hun! Those colours work so well together. xx