Putting the Punk into Steampunk with PPP and SimplyBStamps!!!

Are you ready for Poisoned Peas Please (PPP) Challenge #7? We have another fun one for you for the month of September. We want to see your “Steampunk” artwork. You can make any kind of art, but it must be “Steampunk.” Your art work could be the Steampunk style with the clothing, the gears, the clocks, etc. We want to see your Steampunk style. Our “Steampunk” Challenge #7 runs until Saturday, Oct. 6.

Our fantastic and very talented sponsor this month is Simply Betty Stamps.

Betty has given our PPP Design Team some fabulous images to work with. Betty’s prize for this challenge is three (3) images of the winner’s choice from the sheet below. These are some beautiful Steampunk images.

My Card features the beautiful Lavina from the Lavina Portrait image. I coloured her with Letraset Tria and Promarkers, before fussy cutting her out.  I then used a clocks embossing folder to emboss some mirri card which i then sanded and added some ink from my markers to colourise it.  I add Lavina to this panel before inking the edges and dipping them into copper embossing powder.

I created my card background by collaging some ETC papers from Bo Bunny, along with some copper and gold tissue paper.  I then added some stenciling to the background using a clock and cogs mask and distress ink.  I coloured a heart shaped doile with my markers before adding it to my background.  Finally i sponges some ink onto the background and poured on some copper embossing powder, and heated it with my heat gun.

I used a white card blank for my base to which i added my collaged background, after i'd added some hardware, buttons ribbon, and a skull cameo pendant.  I added my central panel and then a few orange gems to add a bit of bling.

Definitely not my normal style, but i really enjoyed getting inky and grungy; I just hope it looks steampunk enough!!  

You've got 12 days left to play in our Steampunk Challenge at PPP, so why not get your inks and hardware out and have some messy fun, I'm sure you'll create something amazing to share with us.

Thanks for visiting with me today
Happy Crafting
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Doreen said…
This is gorgeous,fab image and colours.xxx
KristyLee said…
Suzi,
I think you have done a great job on this Steampunk card! It's grungy in a good way and so steampunky!! I love it, it's beautiful!
Peace,
Kristy