Fun with Chevrons and The Cutting Cafe

This week's Inspiration from The Cutting Cafe is all about Chevrons.  I used the Chevron Background Cutting File for this card, along with the Round Square Card Base from the 7 Shaped Card Blanks Set.

I added some fuchsia holographic paper behind my chevron pattern, then wrapped some fuchsia ribbon around the background before adding it to my card base.  The corners of my background were hanging over the rounded corners of my card base, so i just used a sharp craft knife to round off my background piece to match the card.

To finish my card off I added the 'Thanks' sentiment which i'd cut from some leftover black cardstock.

I love the contrast between the holographic paper and the black cardstock, gives a really nice bold cheerful card, without too much work.

Hop over to The Cutting Cafe Blog to get some more inspiration with Chevrons from the very talented DT.

Enjoy your weekend
hugs
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Doreen said…
Gorgeous,love the colour.xxx