Spring is in the Air?

Not sure if Spring is in the Air yet, it's still rather cold and wet here, but I'm definately ready for spring.  So when i saw this beautiful 'Flower Cart' image from The Stamping Boutique I couldn't resist printing it out and colouring it.

I returned to my all time favourite colouring medium and got out my prismacolour coloured pencils and some blending spirits. The card itself is very simple, I coloured my image and stuck it to a lilac card blank, then added some hot-fix nailheads to the umbrella and wheels on the image, before creating a nailhead frame.  The frame did take a little time, as I lined the nailheads up with a pair of tweezers then set with a hot-fixing wand.  To finish it all off I added some green stardust glitter pen to the image.

Like I said a simple card, but I do like how it turned out, and it makes Spring feel that little bit closer.  Talking of Spring...
Don't forget to join us for our Spring Fever Blog Hop, it's going to be fun.
Hope your having a nice day, Bye for Now
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Rhonda Miller said…
What a gorgeous card. I just love how you've colored the flower cart.
Pam Hornschu said…
I would hardly call this a "simple card". All those nailheads being lined up had to take some time, but the effect is stunning. Love that image and your coloring.
Beth aka BR-T said…
This card is so wonderful, it will be 66 here in Nebraska tomorrow & I am excited for the temporary relief of the bitter cold!
This is GORGEOUS, Suzi! WOW love all that purple!