Oh, Alice! CHAPTER 35: Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Wonderland's Door

"Alice laughed so much at this, that she had to run back into the wood for fear of their hearing her; and when she next peeped out the Fish-Footman was gone, and the other was sitting on the ground near the door, staring stupidly up into the sky. 

Alice went timidly up to the door, and knocked.

`There's no sort of use in knocking,' said the Footman, `and that for two reasons. First, because I'm on the same side of the door as you are; secondly, because they're making such a noise inside, no one could possibly hear you.' And certainly there was a most extraordinary noise going on within--a constant howling and sneezing, and every now and then a great crash, as if a dish or kettle had been broken to pieces.

`Please, then,' said Alice, `how am I to get in?'  ~Chapter 6, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland


Have you ever felt like Alice?  Not sure which door, window, or keyhole will be opened or closed next?  Not sure which direction you're going but curiouser and curiouser about them all?

What a PERFECT opportunity to explore some new avenues,and walk through new doors we bring you at Oh, ALice this week.   Thats right!  Your challenge this week is to create a card or project using a Door, Gate, or Keyhole.  Now, you can also get creative and do a gatefold technique, etc.  As long as we can see it's a "Gatefold" or that there is a door, gate, or keyhole somewhere on your project!  How FUN is this?

The best part?  There's no time limit to play this week, so have fun and here's to opening lots of new doors in the future!

This is the front of my card for this week's challenge, and I have to say, I absolutely hate it!! It look's so childish, i do apologise.  I'm happy to say, I'm much happier with the inside...
The image is Sassy Witch Mina from the Halloween Victorian Beauties Collection from Simpy Betty Stamps, and i had so much fun colouring her in, love the expression on her face, tehe!!


I created the Keyhole Template using, Photoshop, printed it out on plain paper, then cut it out before tracing the aperture onto my cardstock.  I used a variegated orange card stock to create my card base, and the pop up.  I finished the inside off with some gorgeous orange and black spiderweb ribbon.


I had real fun with the inside of this card, and the outside, well that's a horror story, but you can't be happy with every card you make.  Hope you have time to play along with our challenge, and have more success than I did.
Have a great week
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Wow! Amazing card inside and out! Love the keyhole! Great job :)
hugs, margie
Peggy said…
OMGosh!! What a WONDERFUL creation!!
Lynne Phelps said…
Suzi, who CARES about the outside when the inside is SO AMAZING!!!! Absolutely brilliant, you are so clever! I just keep looking at this! Hope you are not going to get upset when I borrow this idea for some future card, it is a totally irresistable concept and so beautifully implemented!
~Lady B~ said…
I adore the inside of your card! I will be "borrowing" this idea. Too freakin' cool!
Jen Shults said…
That is SO cool! I love the keyhole! I never in a million years would have thought of that but it's perfect! Gorgeous!!
Sara Henton said…
Just love how you did the keyhole!!! That is such an awesome idea
Meme said…
Oh my gosh! What a fantastic idea! I would have never thought of that. I love it! Super job!