Fancy some Groovy Altering?

Good Morning all,  It's time for another StampInsanity Challenge, and this weeks challenge is to 
 
Create or Alter a Box or Picture Frame

 I decided to alter this wooden pencil box i'd been given as a present (Thank You Ju); I had already painted it with a dark pink pearlescent acrylic paint, but had not decided how i wanted to decorate it.

I love the sentiment i used from Les Coquettes Set, but i thought i would pair it with Zeke & Maddie this time to create a special little keepsake box.

I printed my sentiment and images out, trimmed them to fit the box lid, and then clear embossed them to protect them a little.  I then ran them through my Xyron machine to add adhesive to the back, and stuck them to the box.  I then stuck a row of square pink rhinestone gems around the top edge of the lid to add a bit of bling.

I decided to keep the rest of the box fairly simple, so I cut 3 strips of pink ribbon and 1 of black to fit around the box and the box lid.  I stuck double sided sticky tape to the back of the ribbons, this made it really easy to stick the ribbons on the box.  I stuck 2 strips of pink ribbon on the main body of the box, side by side, and added the black ribbon over the join.  I added a large paper rose to cover the ends of ribbon.  Before attaching the ribbon around the lid, i had to remove the clasp and the hinges from the lid, I then stuck the ribbon in place, and reattached the clasp and hinges, gives it a lovely neat finish.

I spent a little more time on this project than on most, but i think it was worth it, and to be honest most of the time i was waiting for glue to dry :)

Hope you find time to play along with us. One more thing before I go...


Do you want this adorable button?


Challenge Details:
1. Each time you enter a challenge for the month, you will receive one entry into
an end of month drawing for a free digi of your choice.
If you use an SIS image, you get another entry.
The drawing will be done on the first day of the next month.

2. Then, the top 3 entries each week will receive an
I grooved with the Gurlz” badge to display on their blogs.


Thanks for visiting, and Have a Great Day.  Please visit the rest of the DT for more inspiration!!!


Comments

♥Rach♥ said…
Love the color of that super cool box and wonderful altering Suzi!
Anonymous said…
LOVE IT!!!!!
This is INSANE cute! OMGOSH i LOVE this-the color is fab and the way you plavced the stamps is wonderful! I LOVE IT! I am mailing out your goodies today, btw :) Just wanted to give you a heads up...thanks! Solrry it took me a few days!
Tonya Klar said…
This is FANTASTIC!!! I love the color and the rhinestones on top!
Beth said…
This is SO cool - what a great project! AWEsome job!!!