Wild Card Wednesday @ Club Anya & Friends: Emboss It

 
This week we've been challenged to use some sort of embossing on our cards, for the Wild Card Wednesday Challenge over at Club Anya & Friends.  I decided to make an ATC rather than a Greetings Card, hopefully it still qualifies for the Challenge. I chose to make an ATC so i can enter it into this week Challenge over at Anya Ink; the challenge is to create anything but a card, hopefully an ATC will count.


I stamped and coloured my 'Hello Ian' onto a piece of card, then coloured with promarkers and prismacolour pencils and oms.


Then i stamped over my image with a background stamp i'd created with offcuts of mounted rubber, to create a stained glass effect. I used clear embossing ink and embossing powder, and the heat set it with my gun. I then sponged over some brown distressing ink, which worked quite nicely. But it still looked a little clean.


So i added somemore distress ink, and then some distress embossing powder. The distress embossing powder stuck to my clear embossing powder in places, but that didn't bother me. I then heated it, and let it cool.


Once it was cool to the touch, i started rubbing off the distress embossing powder. It came away quite easily, but where is was over the clear embossing powder is was impossible to rub off. So i took a craft knife to it, and scraped away at it until i was happy with the amount of embossing on the image.

I'm quite pleased with how this turned out. It sort of reminds me of an old family photograph, looks like it got buried in the garden accidentally years ago, and it's just been dug up, and it's a bit distressed lol. I had fun with this project and i love the texture i've created with the embossing powder.


Thanks for looking
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Corie said…
WOW -- this is fabulous!!
Tracey Feeger said…
Very cool idea. Love the embossing on it. Wonderful job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink.
mwah
Trace
Yani said…
Pretty cool... loved the washed-out, distressed look!

Great job and thanks for joining us at Anya Ink!
Amy said…
Wow, this is so artistic Suzi! It so looks like an old family photo that has seen kinder days! I love your distressed embossing, so cool to see a different take on the challenge!