Spooky SOS


Spooky SOS
Originally uploaded by mrs_weyremaster
Here's the card i made at the weekend for the latest Limited Supplies Challenge at Splitcoaststampers, and for the current Crazy 4 Challenges Sketch Challenge.

This was such a fun card to make. For the limited supplies challenge we had to have something for each letter of SOS. So my choices were
S - Spooktacular Stamp set from The Greeting Farm
O - Orange background paper
S - Spotty Ribbon.
I used the haunted house embossing folder for my background, embossed the orange paper and then swiped my black inkpad over the embossed image, i also added some shading with a red prismacolour pencil just to add a little more depth tho the image.
The cute little trick or treaters were stamped in memento ink and then coloured with my promarkers, i also coloured the pearl ribbon slide with my black promarker, as it was orginally white. As a finishing touch i added three orange pearls to the top of the card.

The layout for this card was the sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges, and what a great sketch, as soon as i saw the sketch, i saw the largest area as being a background image, and the small area at the front being the main focal point of the card.

I love how this card came together, it's funny really as we don't really celebrate halloween over here, but i love making halloween cards.

Thanks for looking
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Rachel said…
Super, SUPER cute, Halloween is my favorite holiday ever and this just makes me feel all ready for it! Greatjob.
Claireabelle said…
Love this!!! I know what you mean about halloween too
xx
Terrific card! I'm feeling all Halloween-y too and it's not even Oct. 1 yet! ;-)
This is SOOOO cute, Suzi! What an adorable little scene!
Amy said…
Awesome Halloween card Suzi, I love the haunted house in the background! Great coloring of the spooktacular kids too!