I wanna be like...Challenge at Club Anya


I wanna be like...
Originally uploaded by mrs_weyremaster
They really do like to give us plenty of challenges over at Club Anya, one of the things i really love about it, always such wonderful inspiration and fun.

The current challenge is a 'I wanna be like' Challenge, where we have to case a certain card by a chosen gifted TGF Fan, this time we are casing Pam Varnell, you really should check out her blog she has some wonderful creations.

So onto my card, looking at Pam's card i noticed that layers of background papers were essential, so this gave me an opportunity to use some of the paper i keep hoarding in my stash (lol, can never have too much pretty paper) ; These papers came from DCWV - Matchmakers 2 Paper Stack, i love the papers in this stack a wonderful mix of polka dots, stripes, floral and paisley designs. I layered these beautiful papers onto some lovely iridescent lilac card stock that i get from my local paper mill.

Another detail of Pam's card i noticed was how she had attached her ribbon to the card, layering it below the first layer of background paper, then tying it over the second layer; a really pretty effect, which i know I'll be utilising again. Onto this I added my final layer, and then the beautiful Geisha Anya that I'd coloured to co ordinate with the papers. I stamped a sentiment onto some lilac card stock, and then die cut it.

On Pam's card she has some beautiful butterfly punchies in the top left hand corner, something i actually don't have in my stash!!! So i decided to create a flower motif to go into that space. Using my cuttlebug dies in my sizzix sidekick I cut out various sized flower shapes, i then cut into them and embossed them to give them some shape and dimension, finally i layered them together and attached with a small gold brad.

I really like how this card turned out, i love the combination of patterned papers and the colours are beautiful, but not my usual choice, this card has a subtle elegance which i don't usually manage to achieve, so I'm happy with it :)

Suzi
xxx

Comments

Claireabelle said…
Gorgeous card, I love the purple!
x
FANTASTIC! LOVE her, Suzi!!!