Farm Fresh Friday: Sew Simple So Pink!

Now i think this might just be my favourite card i've ever created, lol. I absolute adore the combination of shocking pink and black, so when i saw this damask pattern wrapping paper, i had to get some to use as a background. I've been looking at this paper lovingly for months,wondering what to do with it, then i saw this weeks FFF Sew Simple challenge.


It's going to sound mental but this card came to be in a dream, i know i'm mad, lol. I saw this paper on a black card with eyelets and ribbon laced to give the effect of a laced bodice. Then on the other side of it Angel Anya, minus her halo, so she looks more like a fairy now; but a rather naughty fairy lol. I used some of the same background paper to paper piece her outfit and bow. Then came the sewing, i decided to create a stitch ribbon border around her, once i'd done this i added some black to the edge of the white cardstock and stuck it down with foam pads.


A really simple card, but the sewing took a while,and lacing that bodice, oh my that was fun, lol.

If i ever had to show people just one card i'd made to sum me up, this would definately be it, this is the essential 'Suzi' card!!

Thanks for looking
Suzi
xxx

Comments

Stephanie J said…
I very sincerely think that one should win the FFF!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!