Pastel Pink & Apple Flutterby

I stamped and coloured this image a few weeks ago for a challenge at Passion for Promarkers Blog, but i never got round to finishing the card, guess i got a little stuck with it, i had originally stamped the beautiful Flutterby Anya onto a diecut Circle, but it just wasn't working; so the other day i decided to cut her out and try something different.

I'd picked out the floral background paper to go with the image, so i decided to create a nice background with this and i made a lacy looking vellum border using a couple of strips of vellum and my current favourite border punch (not sure what make it is, but was only a couple of quid on ebay :) ) I added this background to a pretty green glittery card blank. I then decided to put Anya onto a rectangle die cut with a nice scalloped border one to match; the main rectangle was white and was way too bright for the rest of the card, so i decided to have a play with my Letraset Airbrush set, so i used Pastel Pink and Apple to create a nice coordinating background, i think it works really well.

I'm not sure what i'm going to use this card for, so i've not added a sentiment yet, this gives the opportunity to add an appropriate sentiment when i've decided who to send the card too.

I'm really pleased with the finished card as i was begining to wonder if i would ever come up with an idea for this image.

Thanks for looking
Suzi
xxx

Comments