The Case of the Curious Mermaid

Here is my entry for the 'Case of the Curious Card 4' Contest at the Greetings Farm. I had great fun with this card, i tried a new technique for colouring the hair following a wonderful tutorial by WickedPixie ( http://clubanya.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-hair-raising-tutorial.html ), i'm really pleased with how the hair has turned out on this mermaid. I've had this set of background papers in my stash for a while and have used some of them on a couple of cards already; i love the black and pink colour combination, so thought that would work well for this mermaid. I used a jumbo brad for the sentiment, and stamped the sentiment onto it using black stazon ink, added this to a fabric flower. I added pearls and buttons to 2 more fabric flowers, added some dotty ribbon and a few extra pearls for a finishing touch.

I think this is one of the first 'CASE' cards i've ever done, and i'm really pleased with how it's turned out. The main elements i chose to case were the general layout of the card, the ribbon splitting the background, the distressed edges on the 3 pieces of background paper and the placement of the flower embellishments.

Would love to hear what you think of it?
Thanks for looking
Suzi
xxx

Comments